viernes, 25 de septiembre de 2009

Music

Music is a very important part of my life; I can't imagine how my life would be without it. I like every kind of music, and actually I pass through several changes of styles through my whole life; in my childhood I listen to Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and music linked to the agro metal style, also I listen to the music that my sister and father does, especially The Beatles. After that I began to focus my attention on classic rock, with bands like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin among others. In that time I also began to play some music with my friends; I was the bass player.

With some friends we started a band called “Back in Purple”, in which we played covers of Deep Purple and AC/DC. My interest of music grew exponentially as also my knowledge of it. I found out that music can generate every kind of emotions, with a good mix of lyrics and melodies, you can make people feel anything; I also discovered a great quantity of bands which you can’t put it straight forward into a style, that kind of bands that move between genres and mixes different sounds: something called fusion. That is the kind of music that in the present calls my attention.

If I have to talk or to decide about my favorite band, without doubt I choose The Beatles. I began to listen to them by influence of my father and older sister. They have a record of them, the first one I ever listen: it was A Hard Day’s Night. Then I began to search all of the records and I love every one of them, especially the ones who were recorded before 1965; they show a more risked music, with great mixes of sound.

2 comentarios:

Vito dijo...

Well, I can't say that The Beatles are the best, but they are ok I guess.
Have yo ever played or made covers of Aqua? If you haven't you should, it might be a little difficult but you'll just have to practice.

Juan Luzzi dijo...

It´s incredible that The Beatles have been admired by so many generations of people. My niece (17) and my nephew (14) play their songs and sing them along with their parents.
Here's some corrections.
Music is a very important part of my life; I can't imagine WHAT my life would be LIKE without it. I like every kind of music, and actually I HAVE BEEN through several changes of styles through my whole life; in my childhood I USED TO listen to Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and music linked to the agro metal style, I also listenED to the music that my sister and father PLAYED, especially The Beatles. After that I began to focus my attention on classic rock, with bands like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin among others. AT that time I also began to play some music with my friends; I was the bass player.

With some friends we started a band called “Back in Purple”, in which we played covers of Deep Purple and AC/DC. My interest IN music grew exponentially as WELL AS my knowledge of it. I found out that music can generate every kind of emotions, with a good mix of lyrics and melodies, you can make people feel anything; I also discovered a great quantity of bands which you can’t put (/) straight forward into a style, thE kind of bands that move between genres and mix(/) different sounds: something called fusion. That is the kind of music that calls my attention AT present/THESE DAYS.

If I have to talk or to decide about my favorite band, without doubt I choose The Beatles. I began to listen to them UNDER THE influence of my father and older sister. They have a record of them, the first one I ever listenED TO was A Hard Day’s Night. Then I began to search all of thEIR records and I loveD every one of them, especially the ones THAT were recorded before 1965; they show a more riskY music, with great mixes of sound.